Sunday, May 5, 2019

A Touch of Poetry

My life is an open book of poetry








I am a poet.  Poetry gives me the ability to write anything I am feeling without worrying about paragraphs or punctuation.  I don't need to develop scenes nor do I need names for characters that may appear.  It is simple, short and sweet.  I say what I want, how I want and then move on.  

Today I thought I would share some of my new poems, poems not published yet.  All are copyrighted.  I hope one or two will touch you and make your view of the world a little clearer.

HAIKU #5

Nose to the grindstone
Her back up against the wall
Freewill just a dream
 
This next poem was inspired by my sister, Rae.  She said she had these three lines in a binder to keep her heart open.  "AN OCEAN OF REGRETS ,  A RIVER OF HOPE, AND A WATERFALL OF FAITH".


 A RIVER OF HOPE

One drop
That is all it takes to start
Just a minute amount of faith
Slight belief in the possibility
The chance that things could go right
Everything could work out for the best
One drop of hope
Turning into a storm
A chain reaction of "mights"
Replacing the worried "what ifs"
Slowly multiplying
Joining together
Building in strength and power
Becoming a waterway
Flowing into hearts
Giving all the will to try
Showing them success
Is found when you travel
The River of Hope

One final poem to stir your heart.


 OVER THE FENCE


The grass is greener and softer there
No weeds or rocks of which I am aware
It looks so inviting, it calls to me
"Hop over the fence," it dares me
I decide to go for it, take the chance
I'll jump the fence, in the yard I'll dance
Get a running start, and then I'll fly
Nothing is gained if you don't try!
Sail over the top, floating on the breeze
Then I crash land with a thump on my knees
Smiling I stand and look around
Sure paradise is where I came aground
I look behind me and am amazed
There's a field of soft green within my gaze
Glancing down I see crabgrass and rocks
To find them here is quite a shock
Showing a world through rose colored glasses
Will hide the real truth from the masses
If the grass looks greener, please realize
It could just be paint used as a disguise



 

No comments:

Post a Comment