Tuesday, April 2, 2019

How It Came To Be

Words On The Wind


I decided to have all the new poems I had written since Rhymes Through Time edited.  QUIET! Please? was to be my next published book, but I could not find anyone who could make a cover that would connect to the first two. (To be honest, after seeing how easy it was to just randomly select poems instead of sorting them, I was not looking very hard.) Several Facebook friends who had been reading my poems as I wrote them kept asking me to publish another collection.  So, I made a poll and asked, "If I were to publish another book using randomly selected poems, what would you name it?"  Several people offered suggestions.  One, Jessica House, not only suggested a title, she actually created a cover for the book!  How could I possibly ignore such love and support? I let them decide how many should be included then set about choosing. I pulled out my trusty hat, put all the titles in and picked poems.  The order is the way their titles were picked.

POEM

You feel the rhythm
And also the words
Mind creates a path
Where once all was blurred
The voice you're hearing
Is really your soul
Listen, it can heal
Your heart, make it whole
This poem is all you
The words and the rhyme
See thoughts you've hidden
Deep down in your mind
If you see nothing
You must be afraid
To let the real you
Escape from the shade


Find Cindy on her:

Blog:
https://cindysvoices.blogspot.com


2 comments: